Friday 8 July 2011

Dance Robert dance!

Coz I love it when you dance! :)

Robert Roldan, one of the finalists of “So You Think You Can DanceSeason: 7” is my favourite. ♥ :D You know since I’m pretty jobless am always in front of the TV. While channel surfing I discovered him.  When I like someone – this happens with me – I’m always around when they are there. So whenever Robert was dancing I accidentally used to tune in. Well he danced so well and I liked him so much and another reason would be I loved the hostess Cat Deeley too, so I started watching it regularly. Only to discover that there were only 6 people left on board.


   
But hey, that meant Robert had a good chance of winning. Still I didn’t know the show’s timings. So whenever this show was on TV while I watched, I watched. :-) So the next time only four contestants were left – Adéchiké, Kent, Lauren and Robert. I really adore Cat’s British accent. She is cute, tall and very witty.




Yes so on Friday it was the elimination day. Only three contestants would compete in the finals for the Title. The unlucky one who was to be out was Adechike. The other three entered the finals on Monday. After the show, America would vote to choose their best dancer of the Season 7: So you think you can Dance.  Subsequently the three dancers competed on the stage for the very last time. They were all very good. Judges were on love-fest, showering their love and compliments on all three of them. Nigel congratulated all three of them for working so hard to reach where they were that day. Another judge (Adam) said – they came as kids and now they had become mature artists and seasoned professionals.

It was really cool – the finals. They were all power-packed performances. The final dance routine was a Malevos dance by Robert and Kent. It was great to see them. I love Robert :D and wanted him to win.

Tuesday was the Grand Finale. The opening dance by the contestants (the final 12 or so) was rocking. Cat looked beautiful in her lovely dress. More judges had joined our usual trio. Their favourite routines of the season were performed by the contestants. And then the moment came when the three finalists were called on stage. Now Cat was going to announce the second runner up, third of the three, who has got the lowest votes. Sadly, the name she called out was Robert. He took it well; actually, he flashed his brilliant smile and walked towards Cat Deeley. She told him he had done well and sparkled on the show. Then as Robert recollected his journey he was a little emotional. He thanked everyone and said that he felt blessed.

Soon after he came and performed a banging Bollywood number with an all-star artist. Kent and Lauren’s performances followed. Then a little boy performed tap-dance, wonderfully. Next tap-dance was by two brothers. Finally as promised by Cat, there was an electrifying act indeed, by a dancing superstar Ellen Degeneres.

After that it was time to announce Season 7’s winner – who America had selected as the best dancer. It was not much of a surprise to me when Cat announced Lauren as the winner. Lauren was exhilarated and she went bonkers with joy.

Hmm.. so for love of Rob I started watching this dance show. I discovered dancing can be so magical. I was really amazed by their talented dancing. I had a great time watching Robert’s dance routines. He made it to the finals but the Prize of $ 250,000 evaded him. Yet he has excelled and improved a lot so they say. He’d be touring with the other 6 contestants to various cities in America.

Love you Robert!! Wishing you all the best for your career and life. Achieve great heights and shine on. ;) :)

1 comment:

  1. Robert was AWESOME but my favorite was Billy Bell!!! Sad that he got caught with his injuries...he was doing SO well!

    ReplyDelete